Sunday, April 25, 2010

I would like to know how to get the most out of coupons?

I have seen people at the grocery store with a large amounts of food and with coupons there bill is very small in comparision. How do they do that and where do I go to find out?I would like to know how to get the most out of coupons?
I might be that gal in the grocery line with you!


The secret is to combine the coupons you have with the in-store savings specials at the grocery store. A favorite free site of mine is www.couponmom.com. The site lists all of coupons found in the Sunday paper and those online, and combines them w/ the grocery circular prices. Sometimes you have to sign up for the store's frequent shopper card to get the in store discount but it is worth it! On the website, you can develop a shopping list using that info and it will show you how much you'll spend and save. Believe it or not, I once bought over $100 worth of groceries for about $6 using this technique!





The down side is that the things you need to buy aren't always on sale or have coupons for when you need to buy them so if you stock up in advance when they are you can maximize your savings.





Also, combine this with double coupon %26amp; triple coupon promotions the grocery stores will have. Who offers what promotions depends on where you live. The New England area tends to be big on triple couponing. Also, grocery stores located by a Walmart tends to do some very deep discounting.





Good luck!I would like to know how to get the most out of coupons?
You can get them in the Sunday newspaper and online if you have a printer. Plus at Krogers they double the coupon up to a dollar. I have so many free tubes of Crest I don't think I'll ever need to buy another tube.haha
Get a coupon organizer so you know where your coupons are at all times and take them with you everytime. Organize them so the fastest expiration dates are in the front so you can go through and get rid of expired ones quickly. I always clip but seldom use because they are scattered all over the house and I never have them when I need them! Also, it's no deal if you weren't going to buy that item in the first place! Don't buy stuff just 'cause you have a coupon. I find the 'store' brand items are usually less then than the name brand ones WITH a coupon!!
Go somewhere that doubles the coupons! And when you shop you can buy only items that are on sale and that you have a coupon for! This will make the things you buy very cheap!!
Look on the web couponbug.com they are also in your local paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment