Sunday, April 25, 2010

How do you double a coupons worth?

I have heard of double coupon days but how do I know if my local stores have that?? I shop at Walmart, Winn Dixie, Publix, and AlbertsonsHow do you double a coupons worth?
The stores will advertise the fact that they double coupons, sometimes on a set day of the week. I've never heard of any of the stores you mentioned doubling coupons.How do you double a coupons worth?
Stores used to do that a heck of a lot more often then they do now. I live in MN and one of my local stores has done it maybe 5x in the 8 years I've lived here (and always for 1 day only...like a Tuesday or Wednesday).





Back in DE where I grew up, it was every Sunday or something like that.





Anyway, the way it works is that coupons are doubled up to a certain amount...normally $1. So if you have a 50 cent off coupon, you will get $1 off. If you have a 30 cent off coupon, you will get 60 cents off. BUT, anything over 50 cents will still only be at most $1 off.
You pretty much have to ask or check their weekly ads to see. I highly doubt Walmart has a doubling policy.





Most of the ones I see who double are supermarkets. I didn't see any of that action in Chicago, but here in Boston two of the chains (Stop %26amp; Shop, Price Chopper) double coupons every day. Occasionally Price Chopper issues triple coupons that, when paired with a manufacturer's coupon, triples its value.





They limit doubling on coupons whose value is less than $1 and those not marked ';doubling not allowed';.

No comments:

Post a Comment