Friday, January 8, 2010

Does it pay off to buy the sunday paper for coupons?

I bought a sunday paper recently and found some interesting coupons, but are there strategies to maximize their use? Is it worth it to buy the paper just for the coupons?





Anyone have advice on how to sort out or 'weed' out useless coupons? THanx.Does it pay off to buy the sunday paper for coupons?
I usually buy the sunday paper for coupons. I used to not but i have learned many tips to couponing and saving hundreds on my grocery bill thanks to a website i came across http://www.afullcup.com. They have many couponing experts that are eager to help out even people like me that bearly used coupons. Now i love going to the store and having 150 worth of groceries and only spending 40 :). Check out AFC they have store matchups for free (grocery game charges for this), they are starting to do video tutorials of how to use the site and couponing. Plus they have a coupon database that you can print coupons from plus a FSOT forum where you can buy sell or trade for coupons you use.


Sorry i got a little off track but YES buying the sunday paper is worth it. As you can always trade the coupons you don't use on AFC for ones you will use :).Does it pay off to buy the sunday paper for coupons?
There are better ways to get coupons in my opinion - you can find some good ways here:





http://www.ehow.com/how_4561288_free-gro鈥?/a>






We buy 2 different newspapers every sunday just for the coupons. We do sort out what we use %26amp; what we might use if it's on sale. Most of the supermarkets nowadays double coupons up to .99 cents. We just went to A%26amp;P last week, they had TRIPLE coupons!!! We made out like bandits, LOL...Look at your weekly store circulars for items you already have a coupon for. I also didn't know that BJ'S wholesale clubs accept coupons, just ask the stores that you shop in if they take them. Good luck!!!
If you use them along with sales they can be a great benefit. I buy at least two papers a week and save the coupons. I cut the ones I know I will use and keep the rest in a drawer. Then I look at my favorite website and match my coupons up with the sales that CVS, Food Lion, Publix, Walgreens etc... are having and I end up cutting my grocery bill and half and I also get a lot of beauty products free. If you have a CVS in your area I would definitely read the information below and follow the links. You could be saving a lot of money!!





The best coupon website that I have found is http://www.HotCouponWorld.com. It has loads of information about every type of coupon you are looking for. There is so much information that you really have to take the time and read through all the forums to get the full benefit.





I get a lot of great printable coupon links off of this forum http://www.hotcouponworld.com/forums/pri鈥?/a> Tons of grocery and health and beauty coupons





This site has also helped me to match my coupons with sales at certain stores and if you read through the forums will teach you everything you need to know. I save the most money shopping to CVS which I always thought was too expensive. When you use their sales and their Extra Care Bucks rewards you actually get so much free and many times you get what is called an ';overage'; which is where with the discounts you actually earn money so you get things for free and they basically pay you to shop there. You do have to put some time into it at first but once you get the hang of it it's like second nature. Here is a link to the drug store forums (Walgreens, RiteAid, CVS etc...) http://www.hotcouponworld.com/forums/dru鈥?/a>





Also, another great thing is that they have forums for each grocery store. So you can click on which ever grocery store you want to shop at and you will see where people have already matched up coupons with the stores sales which is very helpful. (This is how you get a lot of food free or for very little money.) http://www.hotcouponworld.com/forums/gro鈥?/a>





This is another great way to get coupons... the following is a link to many different manufacturers. If you click on the ';Contact Us'; link on each website and just compliment their products or ask for coupons 75% or more will mail you coupons. Most of them are great coupons ( I just got 4 coupons for free Playtex tampons (6.99 value each). Because you do have to fill in your name and address you would want to use an auto fill program so that with a click of a button everything is filled in (ex. name, address, email etc.) then all you have to do is write a personal message and hit send. I make up a generic message complimenting the product and save it on my computer. When I am requesting for coupons I just copy and paste that message so I don't have to type anything. It takes all of maybe 15 seconds on each website for great return in coupons.





http://docs.google.com/View?docid=dfk9rd鈥?/a>





I know all of this information can really help you just have to take the time to read and teach yourself to really cut your grocery bill in half. I more then cut mine in half and that is not including the free name brand shampoo, conditioner, make up, face wash, body wash, and personal hygiene products.
I used to buy the sunday paper for coupons, and honestly I usually found enough to make up for the cost of the paper. Usually this was even for things that I would buy anyways - so I wasn't ';pulled into buying things I don't need';.


But I realized over time that there is not use to buying the sunday paper - because all the coupons in there can be found easily online. This is especially true for the ';sunday ads'; or ';circulars'; that stores like Office Depot, Staples, Best Buy, Sears, etc. put in there. You can just go to their website on a Sunday and click on their ';Weekly Ad'; or ';Sunday circular'; section to see the exact same thing. Same goes for many of the other inserts - as long as you buy the paper once to see what's always in there, you can then just go to the websites of the companies that place them there.





As for my strategy: I simply track deals as the week goes along. I don't like to be pulled into ';limited time offer'; as I feel often tempted to buy something that I might not need and I don't even know if it's the best deal out there. Instead, I like to be patient and track deals and coupons and offers. You might not realize it, but there are coupons and deals every single day. It's just that the paper only has them once a week. If you go on a website like http://www.CouponsCatalog.com, you can track things every day - and if you see a price you like, you go with it. But at least you know that you've compared and a third party has also confirmed that this is actually a deal. Otherwise you're just trusting the company itself that's selling it...
IF you actually use the coupons, you can easily re-coup the cost of the paper(+) to make it worth your while!
That is going to depend on how much your Sunday paper(s) cost and the store coupon policies on your area.





I buy the Sunday paper (bundled is usually cheaper) for the coupons. The Krogers and Albertsons in my area double coupons up to $0.39 and triple coupons up to $0.50, and Wal-mart price matches, so getting just 1 or 2 good coupons more that pays for the price of the paper.





I also get coupon inserts from friends and neighbors that don't use them. If you shop at Kroger, register your card for the electronic coupons that work in addition to the paper coupons. And don't forget to print online coupons if your area stores accept them.





Also, ';useless'; is a relative term. Do you use the product? Will the coupon make that particular product cheaper than its generic counterpart? It may be more of a matter of organization. If you don't want to cut them all, store the uncut inserts in a 3 ring binder, and cut them as you need them.
if you sunday paper is 2bux and you find a dollar off coupon for something you can use then find a store that doubles coupons... and in a paper when you get coupons there will always be coupons that you dont want to use.... im giving you a site that will help you with coupons... my husband uses it all the time

No comments:

Post a Comment